Isabel Hardman: 'One of my most exciting botanical finds was in a Glasgow car park'

By Jane Lee

For building my news feature, I chose "Isabel Hardman: 'One of my most exciting botanical finds was in a Glasgow car park'" by The Guardian to analyze and see how I can develop my story more effectively.

After I read through the article I learned what questions should elicit answers more naturally and helpful for the context of my story.

For example, when the reporter asks, what if she is quarantined inside, which applies to the current situation of the pandemic,  the interviewee provided more in-depth answers that can come up by a person who really goes through and experiences.

The first person voice in the context has more impact and makes readers continue reading.

Since I needed to ask some followup questions for my story and after I learned some tips from the article, I revised the list of my questions before I send it via email.



Comments